We are a Bible based, family church that has been worshipping and witnessing in Harpenden for over fifty years. We extend a warm welcome to everyone who wishes to join us for worship and celebrate God's goodness in making it possible for us to worship in a purpose built new building. Our purpose is to build up one another and to reach out into our community with God's love, compassion and grace.
Our Sunday service starts at 10.30 a.m. each Sunday, with people normally arriving from about 10.15 a.m. onwards. The service lasts for 60-75 minutes and is followed by tea and coffee. Everyone is together in the service for the first 20 minutes or so, and then the Cosmic and Breakout (children's groups) leave for their own classes while the adults remain for prayers and the sermon. Our songs are normally drawn from Songs of Fellowship, with new songs introduced by our music leaders from time to time. The sermons are normally expository Bible-based sermons which last from 20-30 minutes. They are recorded electronically and podcast in the following week.
We have a creche for babies and toddlers which has a viewing window and speakers so that those looking after little ones can still hear the service.
- Sunday 5 May, 10.30 a.m. Sunday service
- Sunday 12 May, 10.30 a.m. Sunday service
- Wednesday 15 May, 10.30 a.m. Songs of Praise - a short service for those with special needs and their carers
- Thursday 16 May, 8.30 p.m. The relevance of faith today: Where is God when it hurts?
- Sunday 19 May, 10.30 a.m. Sunday service
- Tuesday 21 May, 2.15 p.m. Tuesday Fellowship
- Sunday 26 May, 10.30 a.m. Sunday service
- Sunday 2 June, 10.30 a.m. Sunday service
- Sunday 9 June, 10.30 a.m. Sunday service